Registration is necessary for ATVs (please refer to your state for specific details) but ATVs are not required to have a Cheese Country Trail sticker.
Must have a state DNR registration sticker. Proof of ownership is required please provide bill of sale or sales tax paid. Credit cards not accepted. Registration is available at several locations:
- Dodgeville Area DNR Office, Hwy. 23 north. Monday Friday, 8:15 am - 1 pm, and 2 pm - 4 pm. 608.935.3368
- Gratiot FS Fast Stop, 10360 Hwy. 11, Gratiot. Daily 5 am - 10 pm. 608.922.3381
- Lafayette County Sheriff’s Office, 626 N. Main St., Darlington. Open 24/7. 608.776.4870
- Mike’s Engine Works, 231 Sherman St., Darlington. Daily 9 am - 6 pm., except closed on Tuesday April through mid-November and closed Sunday mid-November through March. 608.776.2304
- Monroe Honda, 502 - 10th St., Monroe. Tuesday Friday, 8:30 am - 5:30 pm and Saturday 9 am - 2 pm. 608.325.3071
- Monroe Powersports, 2820 Cty. Hwy. DR, Monroe. Monday Friday, 8 am - 6 pm, Saturday 9 am - 3 pm. 608.325.5056
Illinois and Michigan
Non-residents without their own state ATV registration requirements may register their ATVs in Wisconsin in order to ride the Cheese Country Trail and other public areas and trails in the state. This is a 2-year DNR registration for $30 that can be obtained at an establishment offering ATV registrations (see locations above), OR these non-residents may purchase a 1-year DNR pass for $35. The 1-year pass can be obtained from any establishment that sells hunting and fishing licenses (ex: any County Clerk's office, Wal-Mart, Martin's Sporting Goods in Monroe, Farm and Fleet in Monroe). The nonresident trail pass must be displayed on the forward half of the ATV.
Minnesota and Iowa
Nonresidents from states with a displayed out-of-state registration only need to purchase a nonresident trail pass. This is a 1-year DNR pass for $35 and can be obtained from any establishment that sells hunting and fishing licenses (ex: any County Clerk's office, Wal-Mart, Martin's Sporting Goods in Monroe, Farm and Fleet in Monroe). The nonresident trail pass must be displayed on the forward half of the ATV.
Please note: registering the ATV in Wisconsin can be done in lieu of purchasing the nonresident trail pass.
Tri County Trails in Southern Wisconsin
608.776.5706 or firstname.lastname@example.org